Monday, May 10, 2010

What Lights Your Fire?


I was driving down the road today, alone- for once!

I was doing my usual flipping though channels on the radio.

Nothing sounded good.

My mind was buzzing with new ideas for blog posts and content that I have to remember to add to my website.

For some reason, my mind goes crazy when driving. I have been known to stop on the side of the road to write an idea down in my little notebook.

If I have one of those days where I just can't get motivated, a jaunt in the car will get me remembering everything I need to do.

So I'm flipping through channels.... and a  Lynard Skynard song comes on....

Now when I'm cleaning house, some Good 'Ol Rock and Roll really makes housecleaning almost..well enjoyable.

But when I'm thinking, it seems loud and distracting.....almost obnoxious.

Sometimes, I just turn the radio off.

Being alone with yourself can somertimes be a good thing.

In the mornings I used to listen to Dani Johnson to pump me up and get my day going .

Now that the weather is turning, a bike ride or walk help set the pace for the day.

So what about you?

What do you do to get the blood flowing and the creative juices flowing?


1 comment:

  1. First, your link is incorrect; too many "f's" in it. :-)

    Second, actually, inspiration comes to me easily no matter what I'm doing. I can read a news story and come up with an idea, or I can look out the window and come up with an idea. Of course, not across the board, but when I need something, good thing we have Google. lol

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate any comments you may have. Thanks and have a great day!